Sunday, November 11, 2012
Alimodian Barangay - Luan-Luan
Feast Day: October 31
Patron Saint: Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary
The name of the place came from a creek named Luan-luan that can be found in the place. During the Spanish times, the place was called Kamansi due to the bounty of the Kamansi fruit in the area which the residents sell in the town proper. Kamansi was formerly just a sitio of Barrio Ingwan in those times. Luan-luan became the name of the place starting in the 1940s.
On what can only be remembered by the elderly folks in the barangay, Martin Anacan is the Teniente del Barrio until the World War II. During the Japanese occupation (1940 - 1945), some of the residents evacuated to the neighboring town of Maasin after the Japanese killed Teniente del Barrio Emiliano Aboilo.
The barrio celebrated their first fiesta on October 25, 1972 during the term of Captain Inen Aboilo in honor of their patron saint, Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary. The first priest to hold mass in the barrio was Monsignor Carlos Crucero. The first fiesta queen was Fausta Calabing.
The barangay could not forget the sad tragedy that took place in their area aside from the destruction and devastation brought by the tropical storm, Ruping in 1991 is the punishment and sufferings of the barangay officials by the Philippine Army in 1982. The officials was blamed and was the scourge of the Army for their investigation of the leftist and rebel group New People's Army (NPA) in the barangay.