Ocean Breeze Visitors Around The Globe

Free counters!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Folk Songs - Song Number 2

The following folk song and notes arrangement is taken from the book Mga Ginto sa Iloilo (Golds of Iloilo) by Felicisima Torres Campos. Together with its original lyrics is its English translation below.


Song No. 2















Iloilo Ang Banwa Ko 


Iloilo ang banwa ko ginahingadlan
Matam-is nga pulong nga akon ginmat-an,
Dili ko ikaw bulagan, banwa kong nalulut-an.  
Ikaw ang ginkuhaan sang kalipayan.

Ilonggo ako nga tunay
Nga nagapuyo sa higad sang baybay
Manami magki-ay, ki-ay
Sa tagipusuon bug-os ang kalipay.



English Translation

Iloilo my hometown so named
Sweet words I used to live,
I won't forsake you, my beloved hometown.
You are the source of happiness.

I am a genuine Ilonggo
Living by the sea shore
Dancing gracefully, daintily
In my heart full of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment