World Visitors

Free counters!

Ocean Breeze Visitors Around The Globe

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Early Years Of Alimodian National Comprehensive High School

Alimodian High School 1949 Teachers

The Early Years

             In July 1947, the Alimodian High School was finally opened. Mr. Pedro Robles of Leon, Iloilo was appointed first principal of the high school. Teachers from this place who were teaching in the Iloilo Provincial High School, like Mr. Salvador Amaguin, Mrs. Roqueta T. Belandres and Mr. Felix Amparado were transferred to the new school.
             As expected, numerous problems were faced by the students and teachers at the school opening. The school had to be leveled and the campus had to be fenced. The houses along Alibango Street had to be dismantled and constructed again elsewhere. This seemingly impossible task was accomplished by the pioneer students, numbering 50 headed by the class president, Napoleon Calderon.
             Two years later, a two-room, semi-permanent building was constructed from the pork barrel of the late Cong. Tiburcio Lutero. The Lutero building was located where the concrete, two-storey administration building presently stands.
            On December 3, 1951, typhoon Amy destroyed the nipa building. As a result classes were congested under the Home Economics building. The school head, Mr. Felipe Toledanes and the Parents-Teachers Association, pooled their resources together and put a semi-permanent Related Subjects Building. In its place today stands an imposing 18 classroom two-storey building which houses the Science, English and Pilipino classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Ad